Saturday 10 December 2011

Street Art






This one reminds of an installation I saw in Nagoya once. As I walked in, in the distance, was an old man in a wheelchair moving around in the entrance slowly. Something didn't quite feel right and his head was at a bit of a strange angle. As I got closer and turned the corner, there were about 7 more old people in electric wheelchairs slowly moving around. It took me a few seconds to realise they were in a cordoned off area and some of them were going around in circles.
Got a little bit closer still and saw that they were very realistically done mannequins. Complete with stubble, tweed suits and different expressions. The initial sight of 8 wheelchairs with old people asleep, aimlessly moving around in their automated wheelchairs was a bit freaky. When I saw they weren't real, it was a frozen moment of panic replaced by gentle trepidation as I walked away, very slowly.








No comments:

Post a Comment