Monday 15 August 2011

The Lost Thing.

This is one of the most impressive short films I have seen in a long time. 
It is based on the book The Lost Thing by Shaun Tan



"...the pictures reveal a freakish tentacled animal in a surreal treeless world of green skies, excessive plumbing, concrete and machinery."




I was given one of Shaun Tan's books for my birthday this year 'The Arrival' and was so impressed by the beauty of it. A true work of art. I've never seen anything like what he does. The Arrival is about the journey of an emigrant and the struggles he goes through living in a strange foreign land. It's a complex, beautiful story that is told only in images. Letting you linger in each exquisite frame to fully absorb the enchanting storyline that gives you a real window into a journey that so many have taken, myself included.




Highly recommend checking out his work. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We are all the lost thing.
    I like that the goodness of the human heart is shown through the person who finds the lost thing and takes care of it.
    A brilliant piece of work. Thanks for sharing 3m

    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely isn't it? <3
    I want to go to the place where they were all playing in the sunshine and drawing on the ground. : )

    ReplyDelete